Saturday, February 28, 2009

Potty Training At 4 Months!!


We have heard a lot of our friends and family say that they have had so much trouble potty training their toddlers and I thought - there must be an easier way. So I did some research and talked to my mom and found something called elimination communication. It is actually potty training for infants. Sounds crazy right? I have been doing it for a week now and it works!!! She still wears diapers but I offer her the potty at specific times and I give her signal sounds and she goes on her potty!
I am amazed every time she goes potty on her little Baby Bjorn potty chair and she seems so proud of herself. I am hoping that as she gets older the potty will be second nature and getting her fully potty trained will be an easy transition.

5 comments:

We Three Madsens said...

Wow thats impressive... Do you have a website link or something that I could visit for info? Although, it may be harder for a boy who has to learn to pee upright and Im not about to attempt that!

The Halls said...

My grandma did this with my dad and all his siblings - you just teach them to do their standing up part later. Here is a good website I found - www.diaperfreebaby.org
:)

Sara said...

WOW! you're a go-getter! I'm out and about a lot, and I think that would be hard. Would you use a public restroom when you're on the go??

Roxy said...

That is amazing! I love your blog

Alethia said...

wow thats interesting