Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bring Your Kid To Work Day

We had BYKTW last month and let me tell you, Hailey had an interesting day. She woke up just grumpier than ever and when we got on the train she kept saying - fast momma, out please. Broke my heart because every time we had to stop and the doors opened she begged me to get off the train. She loves trains too so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. When we got to work she was really quiet and didn't want to do anything but sit in her stroller (which she normally hates). We did super fun things though - we had a picnic lunch, toured a chocolate factory, watched movies and went to the aquarium. I could tell near the end that she was done and on the way to the train she barfed all over everything. I took an earlier train home and she was asleep the whole way home.
She woke up when we got off the train and I picked her up and she had a fever. She then opened her mouth and said - ouch momma, teeth. I looked in her mouth and saw no less than 5 teeth pushing against her gums. My poor baby wasn't grumpy just to be a pill - she was in pain, I felt so bad - but I am glad we went. Next year should be better.


No comments: