Friday, August 28, 2009

Our Trip to Idaho

We drove down to visit my parents a couple weeks ago and it was so great to see them and for Hailey to see them again. The last time my parents saw hr she was only a month old! The drive down was good we stopped and stayed in hotels and had a blast. The ride home wasn't as nice because we drove straight through. We are so lucky to have such a relaxed child - she just chilled for most of the 10 hour trip and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on her little DVD player. She was such a good baby! Mommy and Daddy had a rougher trip and we were glad to get out of the car after 10+ hours. My parents are so wonderful and I cannot explain the blessing they are in my life - I have the greatest parents in the whole world and I miss them so much! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a super fun time - WE LOVE YOU!!


My poor baby girl got her first really big owee :( She loves cats and she wanted to sit with Elvis (who has never hurt a fly) and he decided he didn't care for the little thing that was the same size as him and attacked her face. I have never heard cries like that before from my girl - it broke my heart. We are so lucky he didn't get her eye!! She was fine after about 10-15 minutes but mommy was still a wreck - I hate seeing her in pain. She is healing quickly though and it doesn't seem to phase her one bit - and she still wants to play with kitties so it must not have traumatized her too much.

Other than that it was a great trip - I will post more photos soon but I wanted to post something quick while Hailey was napping.



3 comments:

John and Kim said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I wish we were closer so we could drive to see my parents its hard to be away from them no matter how old you are.

Rick and Britt said...

That's great that you guys got to see your parents again. I bet your mom is going crazy being away from Hailey. Hailey is so stinkin cute!! I love all your pictures on your blog.

Alethia said...

thats so sad that she got hurt ohhhh poor haily